Friday, June 19, 2009

Time warp!

Oh my god...it's 2009! It's been FOREVER since I've posted..seriously!

A million and one things have happened since then. Went on SB09 (so awesome!). Still working as a Systems Engineer, doing educational outreach and lots of volunteer work. I still thing my true calling is as an event planner AND as an engineer. It's crazy. More on that later. I can finally identify with Hannah Montana.

Kernel is SO big now...an extra fluff-tastic! Still has that goofy pink nose. And still loves her pink pig and mousie.

Great new things...I joined my HS Alumni Association (Shawsheen Tech!), am the Scholarship Chair and this year, for the first time...I gave my very own two scholarships! I'll be posting those quite soon. I also joined the Board of Directors for Project Smile, and am working to support fundraising activities, organizing a charity 5K and expanding our reach into NH:)

I'm also trying to be a more regular person at the gym, as those many awesome nights of eating Coldstone icecream and dining on delicious dinners with Nav (<3) are catching up to me:) No worries...I've got a great gym buddy Meggles and lots of running with Melissa, so getting back into Tinkerbell form will be no sweat (or actually a lot of sweat..but you get the idea).

Contemplating ideas for children's books, a fiction book for young women and lots of other ideas!

Just finished my 5th WPI class for my MS in Systems Eng. I've been looking at Ph.D programs in SE so I can perhaps teach later, but that's a lot farther down the road. I loved in HS when we were making our 5-yr plans..it was so easy back then! Go to college...check. Get your Masters? In progress. Engineering is one of those fields where there's just SO much to choose from, it can be great but also overwhelming. It's not a defined career path like accounting or nursing, which are GREAT fields, but I guess I feel that you can go for a CPA or get your NP and then keep working. I suppose it's the same for engineering or whatever you do...just sometimes I think that there isn't a defined path to follow, you sort of need to create your own.

Speaking of paths, I feel that lately I have a ton of creative and organizational energy. It can be difficult to find a good medium to express that, and I'm really glad that I'm super-involved now with the Alum Assoc. and Project Smile!!

It's very rainy this morning...I'm going to become the cruise director of whatever arc is being built:) I have been wearing my cool rainboots though! I really want these super cute candy rainboots from Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC! Girl after my own heart with all of that fabulousness! Definitely check it out:)

More gym time tonight..delicious leftover salmon and salad for lunch (yum!), getting a new iPhone and Katie's bday tonight! Oh, and throwing my awesome little interns a pizza lunch today.

TGIF!

No comments: